Who Reads Natural Awakenings?
Natural Awakenings readers are intensely loyal. They are progressive, well educated and well informed. They are at the leading edge of an increasingly recognized demographic that has been dubbed "LOHAS," which refers to those who want "Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability." A $290 billion marketplace exists for goods and services that focuses on health, the environment, social justice, personal development and sustainable living. The consumer participating in this lifestyle is the typical Natural Awakenings reader… representing one in four adult Americans or 41 million people!
- 61.5% have been reading Natural Awakenings for more than two years
- 21% purchase from our advertisers between one and three times per month
- 34.7% share their monthly copy of our magazine with two or more additional readers
- 80.5% are female
- 48.6% are between 35 and 54 years of age
- 59.8% have one or more college degrees
- 57% have an annual income in excess of $45,000 per year
- 89.1% purchase healthy or organic food
- 51.5% attend spiritual or healing events
- 45.9% attend exercise or fitness events
What commands such loyalty?
Natural Awakenings carries immense credibility as a free community-based magazine created for the grassroots community we serve. Readers know us as a reliable source of local news and intriguing events, practitioner spotlights, affordable local resources and a popular community calendar. We present national feature articles, compelling interviews, the latest in healthy living, and inspired how-to’s that make their lives a little brighter.
The best way to reach these consumers is to partner with a brand that caters to this market. At Natural Awakenings, we have spent the last decade doing just that. We know what it takes to reach these consumers to educate and inform, to influence purchasing decisions and to promote healthy, sustainable lifestyles. We have the content, reach, expertise and readership to get your goods and services noticed in print and online.
For nearly two decades, we have provided these consumers with exactly what they want and we’ve proven it again and again in every market our magazine is launched.
See our local magazines page for current franchise markets.